It’s Bloomsday, the day in June on which James Joyce’s novel Ulysses is set. Here are a few items about the day:
- Happy Bloomsday! [Reprise] by Kathleen Dixon Donnelly on the Such Friends blog
- Happy Bloomsday! The World Celebrates James Joyce, New York Times
- Radio Bloomsday June 16, 2011
- With Expiration of ‘Ulysses’ Copyright, Bloomsday Celebrations – PBS
- Bloomsday Online: James Joyce, Ulysses and Dublin
- In honor of Bloomsday, Glenn Horowitz Bookseller, Inc. has acquired a world class Joyce collection that documents Joyce’s life and work. Material is for sale individually and on view by appointment in its Manhattan offices and East Hampton gallery throughout the summer. The collection, of more than 100 books, letters, photographs and manuscripts by and about Joyce, was built over the course of 30 years by writer and editor Alexander Neubauer, according to Horowitz.