The due date for proposal submissions to the 23rd Annual International Conference on Virginia Woolf is Feb. 1, and you can find the call for submissions, along with much more, on the conference website.
On the conference website are submission guidelines, hotel information, information about traveling to Vancouver, and a description of a post-conference tour.
Helen Wussow, conference organizer, announced that the following individuals have agreed to provide plenary addresses:
- Dr. Rosemary Ashton, Quain Emeritus Profesor and Honorary Fellow, University College, London
- Dr. Paul Delany, Professor Emeritus, English, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Christine Froula, Professor, English, Comparative Literature Studies, and Gender Studies, Northwestern University
- Dr. Mary Ann Gillies, Professor, English, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Sonita Sarker, Professor, Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and English, Macalester College
- Dr. Jane Stafford, Associate Professor, School of English, Film, Theatre, and Media Studies, Victoria University of Wellington
She also said that on Friday, June 7, conference registrants will have the opportunity to visit the Bill Reid Gallery in downtown Vancouver and have hors d’oeuvres based on Pacific Northwest aboriginal cuisine. Mike Robinson, the Gallery’s executive director, will provide an introductory lecture to Pacific Northwest aboriginal art and the work of Bill Reid, a master artist of Haida heritage.