SuchFriends is a lovely looking blog that posts daily updates of what particular writers were doing, saying or writing on that day in their history. In fact, Donnelly promises that on May 1, she will use her blog to discuss how Virginia Woolf felt when her half brother George Duckworth died in 1934.
The blog also includes other interesting information, including some about Virginia Woolf and the Bloomsbury Group.
Here is a sampling of brief posts on SuchFriends that connect to Woolf:
- A listing of Bloomsbury Group members.
- Details about her presentation on Bloomsbury painters.
- A post on Bloomsbury, London in October 2006 and 1907 in which Donnelly talks about her experiences at a travel writing workshop where she walks around Bloomsbury for inspiration before writing a somewhat fictional account of a Bloomsbury Group’s evening.
- A post on her trip to St. Ives, Cornwall, while simultaneously rereading To the Lighthouse.
- A post about literary travel that includes a trip to Sussex, England, and Monk’s House, the Woolfs’ summer home.
- Reading, video and travel tips for the Bloomsbury Group.